Environment and CO2
Did you know?
That SKANOL’s road tankers in Sweden run almost exclusively on 100% bio fuel made from rapeseed oil, which reduces CO2 emission by almost 65%.
Being a logistics provider, we are aware that we impact the environment, especially through the emission of CO2.
SKANOL considers responsible behaviour towards a sustainable environment to be an integral part of our business philosophy.
Therefore, we have selected a series of objectives and initiatives that we plan to implement in close cooperation with our business partners and employees.
- Training in on-road techniques to reduce our diesel consumption
- Replacement of lorries – class 5 diesel engines
- Full loads, for instance by means of co-distribution whenever possible
- Planning – improvement of the information level in order to limit the amount of unnecessary driving
- Sustainability – integral part of the development of logistics models for customers
- Specialised machinery with high capacity
- Weight-optimised equipment
- SKANOL has developed a model for carrying out customised testing of CO2 impact
We wish to reduce CO2 emissions by:
Securing know-how of environmental sustainability of:
- The management
- Employees with customer relations
- Other employees
Including environmental efficiency when:
- New customer agreements are made
- New investments are made in equipment and buildings
- Agreements are made with suppliers
- Logistic solutions are chosen
The environment and CO2 constitute an ongoing process during which we strive to improve our know-how by reviewing the best examples and solutions found within the trade and through active participation in European forums that develop sustainability within our trade.